Get Involved with UBC GK
2018-2019 GOLDEN KEY RECRUITMENT
Being involved with Golden Key provides ample opportunities to gain valuable leadership experience, professional skills development, and explore student, member, and alumni benefits.
Reaching over 1,800 students and alumni annually, UBC Golden Key delivers events and service projects that exemplify academics, leadership, and service. Apply now to these amazing leadership opportunities to work with our team of executives during the 2018-2019 academic year!
CURRENTLY ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR EXECUTIVE POSITIONS!
The following positions are available:
Tri-Mentoring Director (2 positions)
UBC Golden Key’s Tri-mentoring program is one of our most successful academic programs. It is a mentorship program in which junior student mentees are matched with senior student mentors, and together they receive guidance from an industry professional. Through the Tri-mentoring program, UBC Golden Key aims to create a platform to cultivate student initiative through constructive feedback and relationships.
You would be responsible for ensuring the success of the program by collaborating with the other Golden Key directors to plan and organize key tri-mentoring events which take place during the academic year.
- Reaching out to industry professionals
- Collaborating with UBC Centre for Student Involvement & Careers to host career related workshops
- Leading a tri-mentoring committee
- Contacting partners for future collaboration
Communications Director (1 position)
As the communications director, you will be working closely with the marketing team to promote Golden Key
events, and to answer inquiries from members. Reporting to the Vice President Public Relations, you will be
sending relevant information and updates to members throughout the year.
- Recruiting and leading a communications committee
- Promoting the Golden Key brand at events throughout the year
- Answering inquiries from members
- Assisting events directors to execute successful programs like the UBC Golden Key Tri-Mentoring events
Events and Sponsorships Director (2-3 positions)
As the Events and Sponsorships Director, you will be planning and executing events and workshops that foster
leadership and improve students’ professional and academic lives.You will also be responsible for researching, obtaining, and maintaining relationships with sponsors for UBC Golden Key initiatives. This will provide the chapter with resources that will benefit its members and the wider community.
- Liaising with university administration regarding bookings, events, and grants
- Recruiting and directing events committee members in planning and organizing events
- Collaborating with other committees to manage and deliver large scale events
- Researching and contacting key potential sponsors
Service Director (2 positions)
As the Service Director, you will be leading the implementation of Golden Key's service initiatives. From
generating creative solutions for helping the community to leading a team of passionate volunteers, you will be
making a difference to both students and the greater community. On-campus service projects will be geared towards physical and mental wellness of students, while off-campus service projects will be tailored for the Vancouver community and beyond.
- Recruit and lead a service committee
- Plan, implement, and lead service projects that give back to the community
- Manage events with Events and Sponsorships Directors
- Liaise and collaborate with the Communications Director to improve awareness and participation
How to Apply (Applications due September 25, 2018)
Please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org containing:
- C.V. or resume
- List of positions you are interested in applying for (maximum of three) in the order of your preference
- Point-form answers to:
- Why do you want to be on the UBC Golden Key executive committee?
- What do you think is the most important skill required for the position you are applying for?
- What experience do you have that pertain to the position you are applying for and demonstrate the skill/aspect mentioned above?
Note: Applications must be submitted by September 25, 2018 at 6pm PST
Thank you for your interest in joining our UBC Golden Key team! We look forward to hearing from you!